Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Someone Like You by: Sarah Dessen


Summary: Halley has always followed in the wake of her best friend, Scarlett. But when Scarlett learns that her boyfriend has been killed in a motorcycle accident, and that she's carrying his baby, she's devastated. For the first time ever, Scarlett really needs Halley. Though their friendship may be tested by the strain, like a true friendship, it will endure. (Summary by Amazon)


Review: This was my first Sarah Dessen book and I loved it. It was easy for me to follow. The book was a good illustration of how friends are important. I liked how Scarlett made her decision about the baby. She had her whole life ahead of her, but she decided life was more important. It was interesting to see Halley's and Macon's relationship go through twists and turns. This book will remain one of my favorites for a long time. I look forward to reading many more Sarah Dessen books.

3 comments:

  1. You will LOVE her other books. The Truth About Forever and Just Listen are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you are so letting me borrow this one!!! lol if thats okay. :] anyway great review! and did I let you borrow my other sarah dessen books?

    ReplyDelete
  3. KD, sure you can borrow it. Can I borrow Along For the Ride and any other Sarah Dessen books?

    ReplyDelete