Monday, April 20, 2009

Perfect You By: Elizabeth Scott


Summary: Kate Brown's life has gone downhill fast. Her father has quit his job to sell vitamins at the mall, and Kate is forced to work with him. Her best friend has become popular, and now she acts like Kate's invisible.
And then there's Will. Gorgeous, unattainable Will, whom Kate acts like she can't stand even though she can't stop thinking about him. When Will starts acting interested, Kate hates herself for wanting him when she's sure she's just his latest conquest.
Kate figures that the only way things will ever stop hurting so much is if she keeps to herself and stops caring about anyone or anything. What she doesn't realize is that while life may not always be perfect, good things can happen — but only if she lets them.... (Summary by Amazon)


Review: I thought the book was good. It was not one of my favorites, but I liked it. I enjoyed reading how Kate's and Will's relationship blossomed and matured. The struggles that Kate faced seemed to be a little like reality. Every teenager has issues with their parents. Today, we are faced with a troubled economy and many people are faced with money problems. This book was centered around a family with an income problem. It was nice to see the book relate to what many people are faced with currently.


The one thing I did not like about the book was how the parents ended up. I guess I enjoy happy endings. This book showed that not every family ends up being happy and together. Sometimes families separate and that is the reality. Life throws us curve balls and we have to deal with them. This was a good book and I hope you enjoy it too.


Kate

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I liked this book a lot too Kate! ... I love happy endings too though. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book, it's adorable.

    I have an award at my blog for you. :D

    http://michelle-thebookjunkie.blogspot.com/2009/04/sunday-wrap-up-awards.html#comments

    ReplyDelete